Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:22 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Processor Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Do you guys watch Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX? I started watching this show a couple weeks ago and an hooked. I've always liked sci-fi, and even the first two Terminator movies, but didn't expect to like this show nearly this well. By far the best new show this year.

So how many of you guys watch it... if not you gotta try it.

Edit: Oops forgot to add a link just incase you Euros don't know what I'm talking about.
http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek

Last edited by FX-Overclocking : Mar 4, 2008 at 02:28 AM.
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:37 AM   #2
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's here on TV for us Euro's too .

I don't mind the show, most people hate it from the looks of it. There are only 9 episodes AFAIK, and FOX is deciding it's fate.

It's FOX, they killed firefly which is 500x better than Terminator, so they got no chance
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:13 AM   #3
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I like the show, it definitely has a grip on me.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:20 AM   #4
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

While we already have two other Terminator TSCC threads, I need to ask: we're only getting 9 episodes of this? This is one of the better shows I've seen in a while, now there's a chance they're going to kill it?

Say it ain't so...

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:27 AM   #5
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
While we already have two other Terminator TSCC threads, I need to ask: we're only getting 9 episodes of this? This is one of the better shows I've seen in a while, now there's a chance they're going to kill it?

Say it ain't so...
There were supposed to be 12 episodes, but the writer's strike happened. There is a confirmation of season 2. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0303/20080303/

But like baron said, this is FOX we're talking about.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:39 AM   #6
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
There were supposed to be 12 episodes, but the writer's strike happened. There is a confirmation of season 2. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0303/20080303/

But like baron said, this is FOX we're talking about.
So are we going to get those last 3 episodes of Season 1? I haven't seen any of the episodes from 7 - 9 yet, I don't know how they ended 9, if they rounded it off due to the writer's strike, or if they left it open for the next 3 episodes to finish the season...

But if FOX cancels this one, I'm going to be really pissed.

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)

Quote:
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Quote:
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
Old Mar 4, 2008, 05:58 AM   #7
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

i think yesterday was the season finale. it was supposed to be 2hours long. anybody catch it?
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:25 AM   #8
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrs421 View Post
i think yesterday was the season finale. it was supposed to be 2hours long. anybody catch it?
Aw shiit...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 4, 2008, 06:42 AM   #9
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
yeah on torrentleech
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 07:46 AM   #10
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Love this show. Summer Glau as the Terminator on John's side is great. She is so good at it and her character development has been handled superbly. I'm not sure a second season has been confirmed. As mentioned, Firefly was supposed to be great, but they killed it before it could get a foothold.

SirBaron, why do people hate this show? Where have you seen this? it is sitting at 74 on metacritic. though, critics often say things are **** that people love and like things people ignore.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:28 AM   #11
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's here on TV for us Euro's too .

I don't mind the show, most people hate it from the looks of it. There are only 9 episodes AFAIK, and FOX is deciding it's fate.

It's FOX, they killed firefly which is 500x better than Terminator, so they got no chance
Actually, I read somewhere in a recent TIMES magazine that the show is a mega-hit.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 08:47 AM   #12
Terramage
Radeon Sea Islands

Terramage is still being judged by the masses

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's not great, but it's good enough if you've got an hour to waste.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 09:35 AM   #13
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm a bit surprised how good the show is. The acting for the most part is excellent.

What really strikes me is how much of the story line is taken from the first 2 movies. It just proves how great the first 2 movies really are and how strong the story line is. Some of the concepts and events don't make much sense, but I don't really care the show is still pretty damn good.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:22 PM   #14
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 01:16 PM   #15
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yeah, it was Awesome. I think they usually show encore airings though, so keep checking.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:07 PM   #16
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Yeah, it was Awesome. I think they usually show encore airings though, so keep checking.
You can re watch eps, at FOX.com. Usually next day or day after.

Or find them other places

I didn't get to watch the finale, but I'm hooked on the show. Good to hear it's confirmed for season 2
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

its got the 18-49 male demo so fox is keeping it tho it might get its timeslot moved. the real test will be season 2 when it has to go up aginst new epidoses of other shows unlike this season when it was mostly reruns

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:34 PM   #18
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

The people who dislike the show probably work for abc, nbc, cbs and try to make us tune into their **** at 8PM.

Oh and if any show should be cancelled, it should be America's Most Wanted.

Last edited by ThirdEye : Mar 4, 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 02:55 PM   #19
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

Mmm_Beefy is still being judged by the masses

i watched the first few, and really liked it, but when i heard it might be canceled i quit watching it. when i hear they actually released an episode 1 of season 2 i'll re watch them all.
same with bionic woman, i'm sorry i liked it. but when i heard they where killing it, i stopped watching it. i dont want to get into something to have it yanked out from under me.
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
4x1gig Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
4Gigs 2x1 Crucial Ballistix 2x1gig Corsair Valuselect
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 speakers (old but man do they rock)
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Fold for Rage... and women will find you sexy
Mmm_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 03:01 PM   #20
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
meh...cause by FOX.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:11 PM   #21
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'll just say this, if FOX cancels Terminator I'm not gonna watch anything on that channel for a long time. They have a horrible habit of axing great shows before their time (Futurama anyone?) and this one would be the final straw.

Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:58 PM   #22
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'll just say this, if FOX cancels Terminator I'm not gonna watch anything on that channel for a long time. They have a horrible habit of axing great shows before their time (Futurama anyone?) and this one would be the final straw.
That's OK, just download 24 like the rest of us.

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:40 AM   #23
Agent Smith
Mod of the Matrix

Agent Smith is still being judged by the masses

Last episode was pretty good I thought. The sequence where they played the Johnny Cash song fit in perfectly. Also, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but the scene right before the Johnny Cash one was pretty cool too.
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:52 AM   #24
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought the acting from Sarah Connor was really bad. Sort of the type of acting that is mass-produced, very forumulaic. There are some good actors on the show, but the fact that the main actors aren't very good makes the whole show feel a bit cheap.

The John Connor guy is also a bit sucky, acting-wise. It's sad the protector terminatrix has the best acting performance out of the three main characters.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 02:18 AM   #25
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Last episode was pretty good I thought. The sequence where they played the Johnny Cash song fit in perfectly.
Yeah that was cool. Can't wait for another episode, really an awesome series.

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:21 AM   #26
dom_k
Radeon R600

dom_k is still being judged by the masses

I like the show, its no Dexter but it is pretty watchable once you've seen a few. One thing that bugs me greatly is the opening monologue where Lena Headey talks about Skynet being programmed to destroy the world and sending one machine to protect John Connor. Call me anal but according to the films it became self aware, seeing humans as a threat and the rebels sent the machines to protect john. Man I am a geek
dom_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:03 PM   #27
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yeah that was cool. Can't wait for another episode, really an awesome series.
love that song. pretty cool scene to. (but you think with what the FBI agent knows, he would have come packing a "little" more heat then what they brought"

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Mar 5, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:13 PM   #28
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
love that song. pretty cool scene to. (but you think with what the FBI agent knows, he would have come packing a "little" more heat then what they brought"
That song is nice, but for me, it was totally bad idea to put that song there, bleh
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 01:03 PM   #29
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
its got the 18-49 male demo so fox is keeping it tho it might get its timeslot moved.
On FOX, those two things are directly contradictory.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 01:24 PM   #30
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think the show is painfully corny, but watchable. I don't think the whole hottie terminator thing is working in their favor though. I keep watching it, so they must be doing something right.