Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:49 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

Default Are there really rules for dating a single mother

We all have seen Jerry McGwire, but are there really rules for dating a single mothers?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:56 AM   #2
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

just dont do any rush on her, they are more careful then single woman without child, at least from what i experienced.
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:17 AM   #3
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debello View Post
We all have seen Jerry McGwire, but are there really rules for dating a single mothers?
No, I have not seen that movie.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

I haven't seen either.

I feel left out.

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:43 AM   #5
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'd rather just avoid
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:54 AM   #6
B.A. Baracus
Rage3D Veteran

B.A. Baracus is still being judged by the masses

Lots of sex then drop her.
B.A. Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:55 AM   #7
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Don't use her to get to her kids?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:56 AM   #8
OlderBudweiser
Rage3D Veteran

OlderBudweiser is still being judged by the masses

they are pretty hard to get,cause everything they choose or decide is in the best interest of the child.On the other hand:If you can seduce them,and they fall in love with you,usually they stay with you.Because they know they are not that much wanted anymore,just because of named child
OlderBudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 08:56 AM   #9
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

Let the kids know who the boss is right from day 1.
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:11 AM   #10
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Unless you are 100% prepared to be a permanent stand in daddy forever, don't. The kids deserve better.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:14 AM   #11
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hit it and quit it. Or do like what Andy says
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:26 AM   #12
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
Unless you are 100% prepared to be a permanent stand in daddy forever, don't. The kids deserve better.
also be prepared to be in the second for all your relationship

also don't proclaim to be Beelzebub to the kid when the mom isn't around
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:38 AM   #13
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
the kids should never be involved in the relationship until it gets serious period. The mother should make dang good and sure of this as should you. I wouldnt even want to be introduced to the kids until it was serious. They do not need any of that kind of let down as they have already be hurt.
compunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:52 AM   #14
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

If she puts you first in front of the kids, bail immediately...

Other than that, plan day time activities to know the kids
as they will have HUGE say in where the relationship goes.

MG
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:09 AM   #15
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:13 AM   #16
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
If she puts you first in front of the kids, bail immediately...

Other than that, plan day time activities to know the kids
as they will have HUGE say in where the relationship goes.

MG
uh..if she doesn't put him in front of HER kids!?

what a horrid mom if she didn't
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:14 AM   #17
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter View Post
uh..if she doesn't put him in front of HER kids!?

what a horrid mom if she didn't
if she puts him in front of her kids
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:29 AM   #18
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

If she makes decisions based on making time for you instead of
making time for her kids...

You know...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:53 AM   #19
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
You have to date someone to know if you like them or not so this is an unrealistic statement. Sure it sucks for the kids but the guy must be presented as a boyfriend that mommy is dating and nothing else.

I ran around with someone that had a kid once and didn't follow any rules. But the kid was only 5 years younger than me.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:38 AM   #20
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Ok then how about doing what compunoob says?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:52 AM   #21
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

Debello, doesn't sound like such a good idea now does it? I mean asking these turkeys for help, if that's what your question was for.

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:06 PM   #22
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

dhitb
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:47 PM   #23
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
You have to date someone to know if you like them or not so this is an unrealistic statement. Sure it sucks for the kids but the guy must be presented as a boyfriend that mommy is dating and nothing else.
I don't agree. A lot of men get involved with mothers knowing full well there's no way in hell they're interested in being anyones father. They just do it for easy lays. Presenting boyfriend #12 to the kids is pretty low class too.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:49 PM   #24
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

This is generalizing but every single mother I know is a whore so...
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 01:00 PM   #25
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I don't agree. A lot of men get involved with mothers knowing full well there's no way in hell they're interested in being anyones father. They just do it for easy lays. Presenting boyfriend #12 to the kids is pretty low class too.
You may have to date a lot of people before you meet the right person. It's not like you just get on the internet and meet your future spouse.

The best idea is to let the kids know your are going out and leave the boyfriend out of the picture.

Last edited by guest : Apr 19, 2008 at 04:36 PM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 01:03 PM   #26
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

watch "about a boy"

it's teh funneh.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 01:39 PM   #27
OlderBudweiser
Rage3D Veteran

OlderBudweiser is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
This is generalizing but every single mother I know is a whore so...
What do you mean by a whore?So a divorced father is in general a bad father?It's his fault he's divorced?And believe me:It happened to me that people always blamed me for the divorce,even though my ex-wife was the one who betrayed me with another man?
OlderBudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:32 PM   #28
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

stay away man.. my cousin is dating a girl who has 2 kids, and it took over his life and lost all his friends.. I sometimes see him trapped to support these kids and he's only 22..
Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:35 PM   #29
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderBudweiser View Post
What do you mean by a whore?So a divorced father is in general a bad father?It's his fault he's divorced?And believe me:It happened to me that people always blamed me for the divorce,even though my ex-wife was the one who betrayed me with another man?
I'm not commenting on why they're single. I'm saying that single mom's put out.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:36 PM   #30
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mom and kid(s) are a package deal, and normal dating rules don't apply - while you do need to get to know her, she's a mom and that will always be part of who she is. If you can't stand the though of family activities, don't date her. Let her take the lead on when and how you are introduced to her kid(s) and understand that you won't step into 'I'm the man of the house, these are the rules', it'll be a blended family and each will have to adjust to the other.

I was lucky, as I knew both my stepson and my wife as friends before we changed our relationship. All sides knew what we were getting into.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote