Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ratchet
The Tool

Ratchet is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Default Rage3D XBOX 360 Game Review: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

We just posted a new review of the XBOX 360 version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Check it out here.
Wake up to the smell of burnt asphalt as the thrill of illicit street racing permeates the air. From the makers of the hit Need for Speed Underground series, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.

Combining illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuit that surpasses any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's 'must-have' list this holiday season. Out-race rivals, evade cops and exploit hundreds of miles of open road as gamers make their way up the Blacklist.

Does EA do the Need for Speed name justice in this latest incarnation? Read on.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Lucifa'

Thumbs up

I just finished playing through NfS:MW, and I didn't find the 1. person view so "distracting" when under pursuit. But, of course, each man his taste

Very nice review, I totally agree with "everything" (if my opinion matters, 'cept the view). Keep up the good work!
Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:09 AM   #3
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I agree except with the graphics...The graphics in my opinion are only worthy of a C because of frequent stuttering and the fact the game looks like it's only using 2X AF...road textures are blurry more than a few feet infront of your car.

I noticed quite a bit of slowdown in this game which is inexcusible considering the power of the 360
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:42 PM   #4
tranCendenZ
Radeon Northern Islands

tranCendenZ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifa'
I just finished playing through NfS:MW, and I didn't find the 1. person view so "distracting" when under pursuit. But, of course, each man his taste

Very nice review, I totally agree with "everything" (if my opinion matters, 'cept the view). Keep up the good work!
The main thing I had an issue with first person is that I found that on the higher heat levels 4 and 5 it was helpful to have a pulled back view so you could tell that a group of cop cars were about to try to box you in before it was too late.
tranCendenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 02:44 PM   #5
tranCendenZ
Radeon Northern Islands

tranCendenZ is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse
I agree except with the graphics...The graphics in my opinion are only worthy of a C because of frequent stuttering and the fact the game looks like it's only using 2X AF...road textures are blurry more than a few feet infront of your car.

I noticed quite a bit of slowdown in this game which is inexcusible considering the power of the 360
That's odd, I really didn't notice any slowdown that I can remember. I did notice stuttering at first (which appears to be from poor disc streaming programming) but after playing the game for a bit I stopped noticing it; it didn't go away, I think I just got used to it. Anyway, I gave the graphics a B- which in my book means "Good but flawed" - and in NFS' case, the graphics did a lot of next-gen shader/framebuffer/lighting effects but the stuttering brought down the graphics a notch.
tranCendenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 07:50 PM   #6
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranCendenZ
That's odd, I really didn't notice any slowdown that I can remember. I did notice stuttering at first (which appears to be from poor disc streaming programming) but after playing the game for a bit I stopped noticing it; it didn't go away, I think I just got used to it. Anyway, I gave the graphics a B- which in my book means "Good but flawed" - and in NFS' case, the graphics did a lot of next-gen shader/framebuffer/lighting effects but the stuttering brought down the graphics a notch.
when I was playing split-screen 2-player there was quite a bit of slowdown, I was very disappointed. Also even when playing single player I noticed that when turning the graphics stuttered a bit and looked like it was dipping in to the 20-ish fps region
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote