Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old May 12, 2008, 01:23 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

ATI Technologies Hotfix Schmotfix - Rage3D Looks at the Vantage Hotfix

Releasing hotfix drivers for synthetic benchmark is evil. EVIL! Synthetic benchmarks are useless and irrelevant - or something. Join Rage3D as we measure ATi's Vantage Hotfix on our Usefulness Meter.

Hotfix Schmotfix - A Rage3D Look at the Vantage Hotfix
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 03:13 AM   #2
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

What looked to be a juicy bit of moaning turned into something useful and interesting. Well done.
Old May 12, 2008, 05:25 AM   #3
TheNGTV
EGG

TheNGTV is still being judged by the masses

VLIW unoptimizable what?

Some Crysis and Bioshock results would be greatly appreciated, considering how the whole driver path's been tweaked to some extent.

P.S who came up with the idea for a rhyme?
TheNGTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 12, 2008, 08:10 AM   #4
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Hey great set of benchies but yeh Crysis benchmarks would be nice, it seems to be the only game worth benchmarking thtas missing, not to mention the most demanding.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 08:53 AM   #5
AlexV
Radeon Northern Islands

AlexV is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Hey great set of benchies but yeh Crysis benchmarks would be nice, it seems to be the only game worth benchmarking thtas missing, not to mention the most demanding.
Thanks. There's a reason for that...actually, there are multiple reasons-the focus was games that had issues and that experienced significant performance improvements, and Crysis isn't one of them, for the moment. We're also waiting for another patch from Crytek coupled with some driver improvements that should be trickling into the Catalysts, before revisiting it. Finally, the way Crysis is tested will be changed a bit, because the utility we've been using seems to be fairly temperamental, and the final solution for that hasn't been determined. Bioshock also wasn't significantly affected, so that's why it was skipped.

Over the coming months further improvements in the DX10 portion of the drivers are to be expected AFAIK so this is a first step, so to speak.

Quickie question:are these graphs more legible?
AlexV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 09:56 AM   #6
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Couple of edits made, including standardizing the order of the 3870X2 & 3870X2 CF graphs. Thanks XSBagage.
Old May 12, 2008, 09:58 AM   #7
cybrsage
Banned

cybrsage is still being judged by the masses

Can you guys add a table of contents with links? That way I can skip past the parts I do not care about while hitting the ones I do.

Saves me time and saves you bandwidth.
cybrsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2008, 10:00 AM   #8
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
Can you guys add a table of contents with links? That way I can skip past the parts I do not care about while hitting the ones I do.

Saves me time and saves you bandwidth.
Sure. Click on *Page List* up in the top right corner sandwiched in between the navigation arrows.