Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dirt 3 Edition Video Card Review

Another review from Rage3D, this time we try the Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dirt 3 Edition - our very own Caveman Jim takes it through the paces, examines its custom cooler and gives us the rundown:
Sapphire's latest game-themed card is based on the AMD Radeon HD 6950, otherwise known as Cayman Pro from the Northern Islands series. The card is a custom PCB design, shorter than the reference AMD one. The main difference is in the cooling, the standard vapor chamber and blower-style fan is replaced by a large diameter copper heatpipe heatsink with dual axial fans. Bundled with DiRT 3, this card is for enthusiasts of the franchise and the graphics technology

You can read our review here.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:40 PM   #2
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I am not a fan of the new plots. Bar graphs or tables are much easier to read.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:04 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thanks for the feedback, was trying out new options for presenting data.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I am not a fan of the new plots. Bar graphs or tables are much easier to read.
I would definitely agree.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

That's crazy, I was just gonna poast the same thing about the graphs. I likes me some bar graphs better than those. Other than that, great review .
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:18 AM   #6
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

I like the 720p testing which for longer distance viewing large HDTVs actually look great if one can up all the IQ settings and AA. This card would make for a rather kick butt HTPC high power system, maybe a bulky box but there are some rather nice smaller cases for something like this.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:32 AM   #7
Riou
Radeon R420

Riou is still being judged by the masses

The plot would be easier to read if the data points were thicker.

Riou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:43 AM   #8
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate you letting me know what you want to see, what you like and don't like. Don't forget you can mouseover the graphs and data points for more detail. I will look at a different format for the next review.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

I didnt like the graph format, it took too much time to read. If you were going to do this type of graph you could of done something like this where the numbers chart is on the bottom:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It was a good review.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:01 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I find them hard to read as well... What resolution were the benchmarks run at... I dont see anything on the graphs. Or anything under except for maybe one.

The first thing I do with most reviews is go right to the test bed page, followed by checking out performance graphs and read the accompanying paragraph if I feel I need more information than what is on the graph. Except the graphs dont even tell me the resolution they were run at... which means theyre useless.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:51 PM   #11
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Right beside where it says 'Crysis 2'.

Last edited by caveman-jim : Aug 16, 2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:01 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I swear that was not there when I checked the review earlier today.

I wouldnt have made the post if it was.... Ninjad?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:14 PM   #13
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Nope, it was there all along. I guess that means it's not obvious enough.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:04 AM   #14
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

I like the animation of the graphs, but I too, find them hard to read. Still, I thought you did a good jorb on the review, Cavedude,

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote