Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Rage3D Articles and Reviews Comments
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rage3D Articles and Reviews Comments Your commentary and feedback on Rage3D original features and reviews.

Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Rage3D Tweak Guide - The Secret World (PC)

We go in-depth with the long list of graphics options for Funcom's MMORPG The Secret World in our tweak guide. Give it a read to find the best balance between visuals and performance.

Secret World Tweak Guide

Editor's Note: A few hours after publication, we updated the article slightly thanks to tips from NVIDIA. Sections affected include Tessellation (new screens and tweaked information), and Texture Filtering (tweaked information).
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:52 PM   #2
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I thought that for TXAA to work the game needed to support MSAA? Is this not a DX11 title? Why does this game not support MSAA? What is this another Batman?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

it supports dx11.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

A few hours after publication, we updated the article slightly thanks to tips from NVIDIA. Sections affected include Tessellation (new screens and tweaked information), and Texture Filtering (tweaked information).
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

do we know if it's possible to force AA via CCC?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:55 AM   #6
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I love this quote
Quote:
Utilizing DX9 in The Secret World locks you out of SSAO and Tessellation. By that alone you'll save quite a lot of performance, but the visual impact of switching to the old system is jarring
But I can almost not see any difference in the screenshots

I still have a dx9 card, yeah I suck.. the vacation was expensive and I couldnt buy a new card now.. And my gf has dx11.

We both play with all high and the difference is almost not noticible.

Its a little better looking on dx11 but nothing at all that you notice when playing.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Malo
Radeon R200

Malo is still being judged by the masses

How many cycles were done of the benchmarks? Some of the results are very inconsistent with performance increasing as options are turned on, which doesn't make much sense does it?

TXAA is not actually available ingame yet afaik. Nvidia's latest beta driver supports it and mentioned Secret World as the first title to have it, but I don't believe Funcom have turned it on yet ingame.

I think it probably only supports FXAA due to it being easier to implement for them in post-process instead since they have deferred lighting etc. though I'm not expert.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:23 PM   #8
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
do we know if it's possible to force AA via CCC?
Probably need to edit an ini like in Batman.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:59 PM   #9
Fadari

Fadari is still being judged by the masses

Default Crossfire help?

I am not a tech wiz but I can sorta hold my own. However, I'm not sure about crossfire and TSW. I'm not sure, but I think I'm only using one video card while playing. I'm sorry I don't have a tech explanation but can anyone help me?

I'm pretty sure I read that AMD released new drivers for TSW but for the life of me I can't find them and when I ask Windows (last resort) for driver update it says I'm running up to date drivers.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:04 PM   #10
Malo
Radeon R200

Malo is still being judged by the masses

TSW doesn't current support Crossfire. However a post recently made quoting an AMD rep:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=46398

Quote:
I have been told by engineering that the issue was the result of Funcom not adding crossfire support into the game when released. They are in the process of producing an application profile to add support but that could be a few days or possibly a week away. I will update you when I know more.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:37 PM   #11
seanR3D
Radeon R700

seanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyseanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyseanR3D can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I love this quote

I still have a dx9 card, yeah I suck.. the vacation was expensive and I couldnt buy a new card now.. And my gf has dx11.

Its a little better looking on dx11 but nothing at all that you notice when playing.
We all have different standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo View Post
How many cycles were done of the benchmarks? Some of the results are very inconsistent with performance increasing as options are turned on, which doesn't make much sense does it?

TXAA is not actually available ingame yet afaik. Nvidia's latest beta driver supports it and mentioned Secret World as the first title to have it, but I don't believe Funcom have turned it on yet ingame.

I think it probably only supports FXAA due to it being easier to implement for them in post-process instead since they have deferred lighting etc. though I'm not expert.
Usually one, though more if results were inconsistent. Some were still inconsistent after multiple cycles; as noted, to some extent this is unavoidable in a persistently online game.

TXAA: True. FXAA: Most likely, yes.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:36 PM   #12
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I love this quote

yea u totally suck! the last dx9 only card was years ago, what are u doing on these forums??? blasphemer!