Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Closed Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 04:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Next Superman Movie to Have Black Lead Actor, Director, Scriptwriter

Quote:
Next Superman Movie to Have Black Lead Actor, Director, Scriptwriter

The next "Superman" movie will feature a Black actor in the lead role, a Black director at the helm, and a Black scriptwriter.

The film marks the first time a Black Superman will appear on the big screen, the U.K.'s Daily Mail.

However, a Black character called Calvin Ellis was first introduced in 2009 series Final Crisis 7, as a Superman from an alternative universe. While the more widely known Superman alias was mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent, Ellis is the President of the United States on "Earth 23."

Comic book writer Grant Morrison has said he was inspired by former President Barack Obama when he created the character.

"As I was writing it, I heard Obama making a joke about being born on the planet Krypton and being sent to Earth by his father Jor-El to save the world," Morrison told the Daily Record in 2009.

"I thought it would be a fitting end to all the darkness in America recently. All the comics have been dealing with darkness recently and, having defeated evil, it's now time to celebrate."

Ta-Nehisi Coates, the acclaimed novelist who expanded the world of Wakanda for Marvel comics, is writing the script and is expected to turn it in to Warner Bros. Pictures in December.

Coates is best known as the author of bestsellers, including "Between the World and Me," "The Beautiful Struggle," and "We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy."

But there is no indication it will be the Ellis version of Superman who appears in Coates' script.

The Hollywood Reporter reported there are several candidates for director and star, but neither has been announced.

It has also been suggested Warner Bros. could pick a relatively unknown name for the new film – as they did when Brandon Routh donned the cape for "Superman Returns" in 2006.

Previous "Superman" actors include Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling in "Smallville," and Dean Cain in "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," along with Henry Cavill in the 2017 film, Justice League.

Potential directors for the film include Barry Jenkins, Ryan Coogler, Steven Caple Jr., J.D. Dillard, Regina King,m and Shaka King, according to the Daily Mail.

"To be invited into the DC Extended Universe by Warner Bros., DC Films and Bad Robot is an honor," Coates said in a statement. "I look forward to meaningfully adding to the legacy of America's most iconic mythic hero."

Since 2016, he has also penned the Black Panther comics for Marvel, with artist Brian Stelfreeze, a run concluding with a final issue in April. He was thanked in the credits of Ryan Coogler's 2018 film, "Black Panther."

"Ta-Nehisi Coates' 'Between the World and Me' opened a window and changed the way many of us see the world," Toby Emmerich, chairman of Warner Bros. Pictures, said. "We're confident that his take on Superman will give fans a new and exciting way to see the Man of Steel."

"There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told," J.J. Abrams of Bad Robot said, the Daily Mail reported. "We couldn't be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen."

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/us/superman-...05/id/1020296/

We'll see how that works out in a movie. I have no idea if or how successful the comics were, but i'm sure our hardcore dc-fans will/can tell.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old May 7, 2021, 04:35 AM   #2
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Old May 7, 2021, 06:41 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post

We'll see how that works out in a movie. I have no idea if or how successful the comics were, but i'm sure our hardcore dc-fans will/can tell.
If they can build a movie that's close to the quality of Black Panther, there's no reason why it shouldn't be well received.

My only disclaimer regarding my own opinion is that I don't care about 'canon'. It's entertainment, and I'll enjoy or criticize it as such.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 7, 2021, 06:46 AM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
If they can build a movie that's close to the quality of Black Panther, there's no reason why it shouldn't be well received.

My only disclaimer regarding my own opinion is that I don't care about 'canon'. It's entertainment, and I'll enjoy or criticize it as such.
as i've said, we'll have to wait and see. Depending on the actor it might be entertaining (or not). As for canon, well, that's another story....

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old May 7, 2021, 07:39 AM   #5
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Why is this news?
Old May 7, 2021, 08:19 AM   #6
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Lets make the next Black Panther white.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old May 7, 2021, 08:32 AM   #7
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Sigh.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
Old May 7, 2021, 08:47 AM   #8
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

To be fair, there IS source material that this happens so its not one of those "must make white guy black becuase whitewashing!" situations. Except there is the possibility they might not use black superman as the source...in which case they are just turning superman black.....which is a whack decision.

However in the grand scheme of things, was this black superman part of the overall DC universe? Was it a one-off? Cuz they'll have a helluva time trying to explain both black superman and white superman in the same universe without some parallel universe easy-button explanation.

IT happened with Nick fury in Marvel, except whoever made the black Nick Fury actually drew him just like Samuel L. Jackson so it was easy to just say "lets use Samual L. Jackson" as Nick Fury. But Nick Fury was always Nick Fury and they had 2 versions of him...and they chose the one that was easy to cast cuz...well...he was easy to cast lol.

I wonder in time if there is going to be a phenomenon called "hollywood blackwashing" because they're making all the roles that were either neutral or white to begin with and turn them all black....or if that will be one of those "that's the way its supposed to be!" because now whites are descriminated against but that's ok because they've been oppressing forever.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Old May 7, 2021, 09:51 AM   #9
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Won't watch. Not because it's a black Superman, but because DC films have been largely garbage and not worth my time. Besides, the timing of this movie smacks of pandering.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:02 AM   #10
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old May 7, 2021, 10:05 AM   #11
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Well they already had a brown Superman so why not.

Old May 7, 2021, 10:32 AM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
It has also been suggested Warner Bros. could pick a relatively unknown name for the new film – as they did when Brandon Routh donned the cape for "Superman Returns" in 2006.

But how will they find a young black actor who looks exactly like Christopher Reeves?

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 7, 2021, 10:33 AM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Won't watch. Not because it's a black Superman, but because DC films have been largely garbage and not worth my time. Besides, the timing of this movie smacks of pandering.
Eh, it could be good. Will have to wait and see if they screw it up or not.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 7, 2021, 10:59 AM   #14
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Well they already had a brown Superman so why not.

Bollywood's different, they brownify everything. And not to pander to SJW, but to give them an indian flair for the indian market.
Plus i dont think they bow to pressure from the SJW because i dont think they care about the SJW nor do they have SJW (to the extent of the North America) in their market.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 7, 2021, 11:20 AM   #15
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Bollywood's different, they brownify everything. And not to pander to SJW, but to give them an indian flair for the indian market.
Plus i dont think they bow to pressure from the SJW because i dont think they care about the SJW nor do they have SJW (to the extent of the North America) in their market.
Nor should they care about SJW. SJW are a cancer on society and if India can avoid that, more power to them.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old May 7, 2021, 12:15 PM   #16
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They do have Val-Zod aka Calvin Ellis from the comics. It looks like they're not going to use that.

https://www.distractify.com/p/is-the...rman-in-comics
Old May 7, 2021, 12:16 PM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Nor should they care about SJW. SJW are a cancer on society and if India can avoid that, more power to them.
Too bad they couldn't avoid covid

I hope they do something cool with this rather than just "hey, superman is black now". The Miles Morales Spider-Man was an awesome way to change it up, so hopefully they get creative!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 7, 2021, 12:18 PM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post

They do have Val-Zod aka Calvin Ellis from the comics. It looks like they're not going to use that.

https://www.distractify.com/p/is-the...rman-in-comics
Yeah its fine if they make a black superman who was a black superman, and not turn the white superman into a black superman just because.

But knowing hollywood, they have some kind of non-white quota to fill so they try to turn traditionally non-black characters into black characters for no good reason.

But if they want a Black Superman, I vote Terry Crews lol...but he might not be serious enough for the role.
then Idris Elba...but he might be too suave for the role lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 7, 2021, 12:56 PM   #19
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

:\ there is nothing about Kal-El/Clark Kent's story that is fundamentally or quintessentially white. If you made his character black, it wouldn't really change anything. His story was always allegory about an immigrant who saves everyone.

That said, I wish they would go the Calvin route. As I'd like a different story instead of the same story again.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old May 7, 2021, 01:22 PM   #20
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Did the circle-jerk around wOkE and cAnCel CuLtUrE start already or did I make it just in time for the ****show?
Old May 7, 2021, 01:57 PM   #21
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Did the circle-jerk around wOkE and cAnCel CuLtUrE start already or did I make it just in time for the ****show?
It could be somewhere around cancel culture via whining a white guy is black now and the great travesty that it is. Story ruined now.
Old May 7, 2021, 02:09 PM   #22
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I mean ****... lets see I'm only 36 and I've watch this story live action 5 times now?

Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh
Dean Cain
Henry Cavill
Tom Welling
Tyler Hoechlin

Like just stop it already. Tell me a different story, we don't need Kal-El/Clark Kent redone again.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old May 7, 2021, 02:12 PM   #23
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
It could be somewhere around cancel culture via whining a white guy is black now and the great travesty that it is. Story ruined now.
Oh no, how will we survive as a species!
Old May 7, 2021, 02:12 PM   #24
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Wha? Having Indian actors star in movies made in India? Unpossible!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 7, 2021, 03:12 PM   #25
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I mean ****... lets see I'm only 36 and I've watch this story live action 5 times now?

Christopher Reeve/Brandon Routh
Dean Cain
Henry Cavill
Tom Welling
Tyler Hoechlin

Like just stop it already. Tell me a different story, we don't need Kal-El/Clark Kent redone again.

Who's to say it has anything to do with Kal-El/Clark?

There are black Kryptonians in the DC comics.

My only issue is with calling him Superman, because Superman is Kal-El/Clark or his son. No the evil son but the good one. Depending on which timeline / Universe you follow

Pick a ****ing Universe and stick too it.... This is what ****s everything up.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old May 7, 2021, 03:19 PM   #26
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Who's to say it has anything to do with Kal-El/Clark?

There are black Kryptonians in the DC comics.

My only issue is with calling him Superman, because Superman is Kal-El/Clark or his son. No the evil son but the good one. Depending on which timeline / Universe you follow

Pick a ****ing Universe and stick too it.... This is what ****s everything up.
did you hear that Tom Welling is willing to suit up for Supes in the up coming Batman with Robert Pattinson? Which would further muddle things up considering his Superman already played out in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths.

WB and DC need to either get their **** together or just stop. Because this is getting to stupid.

System:
Old May 7, 2021, 03:40 PM   #27
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
But how will they find a young black actor who looks exactly like Christopher Reeves?
that would actually be hilarious

Old May 7, 2021, 03:46 PM   #28
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Default i'd watch that, you can bet on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
wait until they cast Jacky Chan as Sup..

Old May 7, 2021, 03:56 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Feel like you could have packed at least 10 more SJW's in there to really drive the point home.
Old May 7, 2021, 04:15 PM   #30
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

he needs to be a transgender black man
Closed Thread