I'll be comparing the Aquagate Mini R80 to the original AquaGate (which has the same radiator and fan but holds a lot more water and comes with a traditional waterblock, so that should be interesting), and the stock AMD retail box HSF as a reference point.
My test system is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ machine with 1GB OCZ Ram on an ABIT AV8 motherboard. Complete specs for this system are listed below. I am testing in a fully assembled, closed PC case with a two 80mm front intake fans and two 80mm rear exhaust fans (three 80mm exhaust fans if you include the one in the PSU). Temperatures will be monitored by the Motherboard Monitor app for two hours, the temperatures will be recorded and presented for system Idle and 100% Load conditions (achieved using the [email protected] client).
Remember that the install method for the Aquagate Mini means replacing one of the 80mm exhaust fans with the Aquagate Mini's Radiator/fan combo.
- Aquagate Mini R80
- Aquagate ALC-U01
- AMD Retail Box HSF
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
- Motherboard: ABIT AV8, VIA K8T800 Pro
- Memory: 1GB (2x512) OCZ PC-4200 Platinum DDR memory
- Videocard: ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum Edition
- HDD: Seagate Barracuda V SATA, 120GB, 7200RPM
- Optical1: ASUS DVD-E616P2 DVD-Rom
- Optical2: NEC ND-3500 DVD-RW
- PSU: Antec TruePower 430W
- Case: ThermalTake Xaser III V1000A
- Sound: Onboard
- Network: Onboard
- OS: Windows XP Pro SP2